LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS 2022-2023
- The library remains open at the normal working hour i.e., 8:45 a.m. till 3.00 p.m. in all workingdays.
- The library remains closed during the holidays prescribed by the Government and St.Ann’sCollege.
- Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library.
- Students are not permitted to bring the mobile phone inside the Library.
- Smoking, eating, sleeping and talking loudly are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Students need to fill the library membership form for the creation of library card.
- Library membership cards, when lost, must be reported in the library.
- Issue/return can be done only at working hours.
- H.S. students can issue 1 books at a time for 7 days.
- U.G. students can issue 2 books at a time for 10 days.
- P.G. students can issue 3 books at a time for 15 days.
- Faculties can issue 3 books at a time for 30 days.
- Faculty of English Department can borrow text books for 1 year for H.S or 6 months for U.G Section.
- Users can also renew the books again after the completion of charging period.
- Readers should not mark, underline, dog-ear, write, tear pages or otherwisedamage the librarydocuments.
- Books borrowed should be returned on or before the due date, if returned late overdue fine will be charged for the delayed period i.e.,Rs.10 per day.
- Books that returned by borrowers should only be accepted, if it is in good condition.
- If any book is damaged or lost by the borrower than he/she has to buy the similar book and submit to the library within 10 days.
- Books taken out of the shelves must be left on the table. Replacing the books on the shelves is not encouraged as it may get misplaced. Misplaced book is like a lost book.
- Anyone who violates the rules and regulations of the library would be liable to lose the privilege of library membership and 10% of attendance will be deducted
i.e., for HS (10% from Annual Attendance), for TDC and PG 10% from Semester Attendance) and have to pay a fine of Rs. 500.