The Congregation of the Sisters of St. Ann to which the Sisters belong is a Christian Religious Institution founded by the pious couple of Turin (Italy) Carlo Tancredi De Barolo and Guilia Falletti De Barolo in 1834. Active in the field of education throughout the world since its origin the Congregation conducts nearly 60 schools and over a dozen colleges in which thousands of young people, belonging to every social class, community and linguistic group are being educated through the medium of both English and Regional language.
St. Ann’s College Balagaon, Kokrajhar is Catholic Institution founded in 2005 is named after the great saint and patroness St. Ann. The College is under the direction of Congregation of the Sisters of St. Ann, a Registered Society. It is a minority Institution but open to all caste and creed. In carrying out its aims, the College as minority Institution reserves for itself its inherent and constitutionally recognized right of management and administration. Freedom of conscience and other religious faith will always be respected in this Institution but public and organized worship other than catholic may not be carried out in the college and hostel premises.