St. Ann’s College Balagaon, Kokrajhar established IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) in 2019 in recognition of the relevance and significance of the institutionalization of monitoring mechanisms for quality sustenance and enhancement, as advocated by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council). Though the NAAC has made IQAC mandatory for institutions following their first accreditation, the St. Ann’s College mandates it for itself, in tune with its uncompromising commitment to quality and excellence.
The Objectives of IQAC are:
- To facilitate and ensure continuous quality-improvement in the entire systems, operations, and processes of St. Ann’s College.
- To affirm, proclaim, and translate into action the commitment and accountability of St. Ann’s College to quality and excellence, thus assuring the stakeholders of higher education of its own quality and probity.
- To facilitate St. Ann’s College realizing its objective of providing soulful learning for the transformation of self and society.
The Major Functions of IQAC are:
- Development and Application of Quality Benchmarks/parameters.
- Recording and monitoring of Quality measures of the institution.
- Documentation and Dissemination of information on Quality aspects.
- Supervision of Implementation of Departmental Objectives and Planning.
- Organizations of discussions, workshops, seminars, and quality circles.
- Co-ordination of Student, Peer, and Self-Assessment of the Teachers.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Perspective Plan (AQAPP).
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR).